1. 500g lamb medium pieces with bones
2. 1-2 medium onions sliced
3. 1 ½ tsp each garlic ginger paste
4. 4 whole green chilies
5. 1 ½ tsp cumin seeds
6. 2 whole Kashmiri red chilies
7. ¾ tsp freshly ground black pepper or 4-5 peppercorns
8. 1 tsp coriander seeds
9. 1 tsp fennel seeds
10. ½ tsp turmeric powder
11. A few curry leaves
12. A few coriander leaves chopped
13. Veg or olive oil can be used
1. Dry roast, red chilies, ½ tsp cumin, coriander, fennel seeds and peppercorns separately and grind to a powder (slightly coarse).
2. In a pressure cooker, add oil and lamb with salt and garlic, ginger paste. Mix and cook well without burning. Now, add the ground masala (powder) and sauté for some more time.
3. Add hot water enough to cook the meat, check salt. Bring it to a boil, cover the lid reduce the heat to low and cook for 30-35 min on dum. Remove, let it rest. Open the lid. If the water has reduced keep aside else separate the lamb and allow the stock to reduce.
4. In a kadai, add lil oil and cumin seeds to crack, add curry leaves and sliced onions. Cook till transparent then add meat with stock, green chilies and cook on medium low making sure everything is combined well.
5. Sprinkle coriander leaves and serve with your choice of Roti or Naan.